Driving Under the Influence
The following apply:
- The Agency will follow all state laws pertaining to DUI.
- Each applicant will be screened for traffic violations prior to employment.
- Should this screening indicate that the applicant has a record of DUI, they will not be considered for employment.
- Any employee who is charged with DUI while on Agency time or in an Agency vehicle will be dismissed from employment immediately.
- Any employee who receives a DUI charge while off duty will be restricted from driving an Agency vehicle until the court decides if guilty or innocent.
- The employee shall be responsible for obtaining from court a written copy of the court's decision.
- Should the employee's job require him/her to drive, he/she will be suspended without pay until a final decision has been made by the court and received in writing by the Board.
- Employees are required to notify the Agency (immediate supervisor) within twenty-four (24) hours of receiving a DUI charge.
- Failure to notify the Agency in the specified time frame will result in immediate dismissal from employment.
- Should the employee be found guilty he/she will be terminated from employment.
- Should the employee be found innocent he/she will be reinstated without back pay.