Emergency On-call - Case Management
It is the desire of the Marion-Dillon County Bd. of DSN (MDCBDSN) to establish an emergency on-call system for after-hours emergency situations wherein a case manager is needed. Our intention is to provide assistance and/or information that can be given to a family experiencing non-life threatening emergencies. Should it be determined that the situation is a life-threatening emergency, then 911 will be called to respond immediately.
- An emergency cell phone will be carried by a case manager each week on a rotating schedule. The cell phone number is 843-992-1374.
- The case manager will carry a notebook with all the agency numbers and emergency numbers for other agencies in it. The person on call will document all calls on a "call" log within the notebook. They will also document the person calling, date, time, situation and their response/assistance and the time it took to give the response/assistance.
- The Director of Family Supports will be responsible for making the rotating schedule and will review the call log at least weekly.
- The person on call will provide assistance, coordinate services or give information to the person calling and if needed make a home visit to assist. Home visits must be approved by the Director of Family Supports or their designee.
- The telephone answering system will include in its message the cell phone number to be used should it be an after-hours emergency.
- The on-call person will be reimbursed for any mileage for their personal vehicle involved in responding to the call.