DSS (CACFP) Policy for Corrective Action Plans
NOTE: This Policy is intended to outline the procedures in developing a corrective action plan for any findings or discrepancies with the DSS Food (CACFP) Program.
- When notice from DSS is received in the agency of any weaknesses or discrepancies in the DSS Food program the Executive Director will be notified immediately.
- The Executive Director or their designee will assign program staff to review the weakness (finding) and determine a course of action needed to properly address.
- The program staff will submit a plan of correction to the Executive Director on the appropriate DSS corrective action form within the time frames as stipulated in the DSS Letter.
- The Executive Director will review and if necessary discuss with the program staff and make any necessary changes.
- Once the Executive Director approves the CAP, it will be submitted to DSS for approval.
- The CAP will be followed up with program staff to make sure it is implemented in accordance with the timeframes and personnel involved.