Procedures for Food Stamp System
- All consumers placed in community residential homes shall be reviewed at initial entry by the Residential Administrator or designee and Service Coordinator and every year thereafter for their eligibility for food stamps under the "SNAP" Program.
- A copy of the annual statement of eligibility for SNAP Program with approved monthly amounts is maintained in the resident's personal file.
- Food Stamp cards are locked at the residence until a purchase is needed.
- Residential staff will follow procedures as outlined in the "SNAP" manual.
- Approved monthly food stamp amounts will be deducted from the resident's room and board charge.