Affirmative Action Plan
- It is the policy of the Marion-Dillon County Disabilities and Special Needs Board that all employees and applicants for employment be afforded equal employment opportunity.
- The Board, Executive Director, and program staff of the Marion-Dillon County Board of Disabilities and Special Needs give unequivocal support to the success of this plan for equal employment opportunity.
- The Executive Director will enunciate and does periodically reaffirm the equal employment policy of the Board. The Executive Director will communicate the purposes and the goals of the program, initiate any training to combat any possible resistance to change, and critically assess all on-going operations.
- The policy of the Board is publicized internally and externally regarding equal employment opportunity and affirmative action.
- It is the practice of the Board to comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act to recruit, hire, train, and promote employees without discrimination due to race, religion, color, sex, age, or disability.
- This practice shall apply to all levels and phases of personnel administration such as recruitment, advertising, testing, hiring, training, promotion, transfers, leave practice, rates of pay, and selection for supervisory positions.
- Should any discriminatory situations or practice be found to exist, a specific plan to take affirmative action will be enacted by the Board.
- The Board will review on a periodic basis the efforts to eliminate any documented discrimination.