Recruitment and Hiring Staff
The following process will be used to recruit and hire all staff:
- Advertisements for the vacant/new position may be placed in the local media.
- Written notice of an available position shall be posted prominently at all program sites.
- Existing staff will be encouraged to apply for the positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and/or experience.
- The Human Resource Director will review all applications to identify those applicants that meet the minimum qualification and experience requirements.
- The Program Administrator will consider all qualified applicants, will interview the top candidates and make hiring recommendations to the Executive Director.
- The Human Resource Director will contact references if Executive Director's decision favors the applicant.
- The Human Resource Director will verify credentials and previous employment.
- The Human Resource Director will check the criminal record and driving record before applicant is given a job offer.
- The selected applicant will receive written notification from the Human Resource Director concerning an offer of employment. This notice shall include projected starting date, title of position and starting salary.
- The Human Resource Director will notify the Program Administrator of the date that the new employee shall report to work and arrange to have the paperwork process begun.
- The new employee shall complete all necessary paperwork for payroll, etc., before he/she reports to work.
- An employee shall not work in a direct care position until all of their background checks are completed.