In an effort to ensure a productive and harmonious work environment, persons not employed by MDCBDSN may not solicit or distribute literature in the workplace at any time for any purpose.
MDCBDSN recognizes that employees may have interests in events and organizations outside the workplace. However, employees may not solicit or distribute literature concerning these activities on agency property.
Examples of impermissible forms of solicitation include:
- The collection of money, goods, or gifts for religious groups.
- The collection of money, goods, or gifts for political groups.
- The sale of goods, services, or subscriptions outside the scope of official organization business.
- The circulation of petitions.
- The distribution of literature not approved by the employer.
- The solicitation of memberships, fees, or dues.
In addition, the posting of written solicitations or community events on company bulletin boards must be approved by the Executive Director. Bulletin boards are reserved for official organization communications on such items as:
- Job openings.
- Payday notice.
- Workers' compensation insurance information.
- State disability insurance/unemployment insurance information.
- Other notifications as required by the Department of Labor and OSHA.