- Volunteers shall be recruited to assist employees of the Agency. The following means may be used for recruiting:
- Advertising in the local media.
- By personal staff contact with churches, civic organizations, parents, and human service agencies.
- Volunteers shall not be utilized to replace full time employees or be included in required staffing ratios.
- The Agency shall have a Volunteer Coordinator that will receive and approve applications for volunteers. The Human Resources Administrator shall serve as the Agency Volunteer Coordinator. The Volunteer Coordinator will assign the volunteer to the appropriate area supervisor.
- Volunteers shall be required to participate in training in the following areas:
- Abuse and Neglect (definition and reporting procedures).
- The following prerequisites are required in order to participate as a volunteer, at the cost of the agency:
- Hepatitis-Optional (Consent/Release).
- Two-Step PPD.
- SLED / Sex Offender
- Drug Screen
- Child Abuse Registry Check
- From time to time people from the community or another agency may volunteer to teach a class or present information to our consumers. These people will not be required to comply with the above as long as an agency staff is with them while in our facilities.