INDIVIDUALS RECEIVING SERVICES
- Any consumer receiving services from MDCBDSN with symptoms suggestive of HIV/AIDS may be screened with the HIV antibody test with their written permission and/or the written permission of their legal guardian as ordered by a physician.
- Any consumer with a high risk for HIV/ADS may be tested with their written permission and/or the written permission of their legal guardian as ordered by a physician.
- There will be no discrimination regarding admission or provision of services to eligible consumers regardless of their HIV status. Individuals with HIV/AIDS shall be provided active treatment in the least restrictive setting.
- There will be no unlawful job discrimination or breach of confidentiality for job applicants or employees who disclose their HIV status.
- Diagnostic or therapeutic medical intervention will not be provided to employees; they will be advised to contact their own physician for treatment.
- The results of HIV tests are strictly confidential.
- The use of universal precautions will be required for all consumers.