Maintenance Of Work Area
- Employees are responsible for maintaining their work areas in a clean and orderly fashion. To fulfill this responsibility, each employee should, at minimum, do the following:
- Place coats, boots, umbrellas, and other items of clothing in designated areas so that work stations are not unnecessarily cluttered;
- Consume any food or beverages only in the cafeteria or in employee rest areas so that work areas are kept free of food and related litter; and
- Prior to the end of the workday, clean and store all tools and equipment and properly secure any items, papers, or information of value.
- Supervisors are responsible for having their employees maintain their work areas according to the requirements of this policy. Each supervisor should:
- Make sure that aisles, floors, and walls are free of debris and other unnecessary items and that all end-of-the-shift tasks have been performed;
- Monitor the facilities and equipment and issue maintenance requests where appropriate;
- Arrange for the removal of any items from the work place that are not needed for the flow of business or the enhancement of employee comfort;
- Report to the Safety Committee any existing or potential workplace hazards and safety violations; and
- Ensure the proper disposal of all trash, waste, and scrap.
- MDCBDSN will attempt to maintain the temperature, lighting, and noise level of its facilities at a level that is comfortable for employees yet appropriate for the nature of its operations. Employees should inform their supervisor of any concerns about working conditions.
- Employees must abide by the smoking restrictions established by state or local law and may smoke only in the areas where it is specifically permitted.