Reporting and Resolution Procedures
The MDCBDSN will adopt and adhere to SCDDSN Directive 535-08-DD.
- All complaints must be put in writing by utilizing the complaint forms that will be available in all units. (Residential and Day Program Facilities). Forms will be printed on NCR paper in order to provide the parties making a complaint a copy at the time the complaint is made. A copy will be maintained in the unit.
- All concerns will receive attention within a 24 hour period or the next business day. Follow-up will be provided as needed, and documented on the form.
- The following steps will be utilized to handle the complaints.
- Immediate staff on duty will attempt to resolve the issue. If the issue cannot be resolved at this level personnel will resort to the next level.
- House Managers, Lead ESA, and CRCF Administrator will attempt to resolve the issue.
- Residential Administrator and Developmental Program Administrator will attempt to resolve the issue.
- Matter will be turned over to the attention of the Executive Director.
- Executive Director will be made aware of all complaints at the initial stage.
- Executive Director will review final resolution and sign off on the completed form.
- Completed form will be maintained in a separate file within the unit.