- Salary ranges have been developed for each job classification in the Agency and approved by the Board. Ranges are based upon duties and responsibility required or the job classifications.
- Salary increases will not be given unless a position is reclassified to include additional duties and responsibilities, or it is a salary increase that the SCDDSN has approved.
- Funds must be available for any salary increase.
- When promoted, demoted, or given additional responsibilities, the salary shall be determined in accordance with the salary range for the job classification.
- Any promotion. demotion, or additional responsibilities must be upon the recommendation of the employee's immediate supervisor, approved by the Executive Director, and by the Board, if the salary increase is above 6% of the employee's current salary.
- Payroll Deductions
- State and Federal laws require the Agency to make payroll deductions for social security, withholding for state, and federal income taxes, and retirement.
- Other Deductions may be authorized by the Employee on a voluntary basis to include but not limited to: Group Insurance, United Way and Credit Union.
- A record of all deductions is provided on a statement attached to the pay check.
- House Managers and Center Directors are required to keep a time sheet for all employee's under their supervision.
- These time sheets are reviewed and approved by the House Managers and Center Directors and the Program Administrator.
- The Program Administrator or their designee will submit the approved time sheets to payroll for processing.
- Distribution of Pay Checks
- The manner in which pay checks are distributed will be prescribed by the Director of Operations and approved by the Executive Director.
- When a pay check is to be picked up by someone other than the employee, the employee shall give written authorization to pick up their pay check. The written authorization should have the name of the person authorized to pick up the pay check. Positive identification will be required before that person can receive the pay check.
- Final Payroll for terminated employees may be picked up at Human Relations Office after the termination clearance process including returning all Agency property and completing proper paperwork.
- Salaries shall be paid by Agency check or direct deposit into the employee's bank account every other Friday, or the business day before, should Friday fall on a holiday.
- Overtime Policy
- Employees who are eligible for over time pay are not to begin work before the agreed upon time for the start of the shift and will not be permitted to work beyond the agreed upon time for the end of the shift. The only exceptions to this policy would be in an emergency or when the employee received prior approval and overtime is authorized.
- Meal Period — A bona fide meal period is not hours worked if the employee is completely relieved from duty for the purpose of eating a regular meal. There is no requirement that the employee be allowed to leave the work site; however, they must be free to leave their duty position. When the meal period is uninterrupted except for rare and infrequent emergency calls, it is excluded from working time.
- Exemption Status for Overtime Pay
- The Fair Labor Standards Act has determined two (2) categories of employment related to overtime:
- Exempt employees are those which are employed in a bona fide Executive, Administrative, or Professional capacity and meet certain tests contained in the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Non-exempt employees are eligible to be paid overtime.
- The exemption status of each employee of MDCBDSN is recorded in the Human Relations Office and should be posted in each employee's personnel file.
- Compensatory time will not be utilized by MDCBDSN.
- Approval of Overtime
- Overtime normally shall be allowed only in emergency situations and must be approved by the appropriate program administrator or Executive Director.
- Overtime should not be relied upon to cover the basic direct care schedule.
- Overtime may be used to provide minimum coverage as a result of unusual staff absenteeism or a temporary one-to-one supervision when other solutions are not available.
- Supervisors are responsible for keeping overtime records of all employees under their supervision.
- Flex-Time — Flexible Scheduling or Flex-Time is available in some cases. Flex-Time will be utilized only as necessary to meet the needs of the Agency and Individuals or families being served by MDCBDSN.
Flex scheduling is possible if a work schedule is negotiated with the employee, supervisor, administrator, and approved by the Executive Director. Time Sheets are to be kept by the employee and approved by the Supervisor.