Employee Conduct, Work Rules and Disciplinary Action
To ensure orderly operations and provide the best possible work environment, MDCBDSN expects employees to follow rules of conduct that will protect the interest and safety of all employees and the organization. This policy also establishes a disciplinary system which is fair and equitable. The progressive discipline is a tool that allows the agency to help staff members correct, not punish behavior.
- All employees shall be obligated to conform to the established rules of conduct, procedures, policies and regulations which are applicable to their individual work assignments.
- Supervisors at the service delivery level shall be responsible for coordination and administering actions:
- The supervisor shall consult with the Human Resource Administrator prior to taking action which may result in the employee's suspension or termination.
- The Human Resource Administrator shall consult with the Executive Director prior to taking action which may result in the employee's suspension or termination.
- The supervisor shall provide copies of all counseling and warning notices to the Human Resource Administrator.
- A copy of all disciplinary actions shall be filed in the employee's personnel record and shall become part of the permanent record except as noted in progressive disciplinary action.
- The attached Guidelines for Disciplinary Action are to be used as guides. Supervisors, Program Coordinators and the Executive Director may make a decision to terminate someone for a first offense based on the severity of the offense. The attached disciplinary action lists examples of infractions but is not all inclusive of other types of infractions that could warrant disciplinary action.
- This policy does not change MDCBDSN's policy of employment at will, nor does it create a contract of employment. MDCBDSN may terminate the employment relationship at any time for any reason or no reason with or without cause or advance notice. The employee may similarly terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause or advance notice.