- A Finance Committee of the Board of Directors will be composed of a Chairman and two (2) other members appointed by the Chairman of the Board.
- The primary duty of the finance committee will be to monitor budgets for each fiscal year beginning July 1 and make recommendations to the Board. The committee will meet at least twice a year.
- The committee will monitor revisions to the budget for the current year and make recommendations to the Board.
- An annual audit will be performed by an independent audit firm with an annual report to the Board upon completion, no later than the September Board Meeting. The audit will be reviewed by the Finance Committee before submission to the board. The independent audit will meet SCDDSN audit submission deadline requirements.
- The committee will meet with the Executive Director and Director of Operations to review the annual budget prior to submission to the Board for approval (July meeting).
- The Executive Director and the Director of Operations are charged with the responsibility of ensuring the financial integrity of MDCBDSBN with the direction of the Board.